Leasing a car is a bit more complicated than buying a car with cash or with an auto loan. Because of that, many people are leasing when they shouldn’t be, and others who should are making mistakes or paying too much.
It’s a fact that many people who lease cars make their decision based on nothing more than monthly payment. They know that lease payments are lower than loan payments — it’s true — but what seems like a low lease payment can often be a bad deal. It’s very difficult to calculate lease payments on a simple calculator, especially if you don’t know the standard lease formula. And even if you know how to calculate a payment, it doesn’t tell you if the lease deal is good or bad.
This is the reason that LeaseGuide.com (also by Al Hearn) created the Car Lease Kit a few years ago. It’s a collection of online tables, calculators, and guidelines that give car leasing customers the tools they need to make sure they get the best possible deal and avoid mistakes.
The Lease Kit helps in the following ways:
– Tells you which car makes and models make the best lease deals (have the highest lease-end residual values)
– Shows you average lease-end residual percentages for all vehicle makes and models so that you can compare the lease residual offered by your dealer
– Provides a Lease Evaluator calculator with which you can plug in a few numbers, including monthly payment, and determine if a lease deal is poor, just average, or better than average
– Provides a Lease Inspector calculator that allows you to plug in numbers from a lease contract to check your dealer’s math and determine if the lease is a good deal or not
– Contains a sample car lease contract and contract checklist so that you’ll know what to look for when you are presented your lease agreement by a dealer
– Creates tables of lease payments, based on Cap Cost, Money Factor, and Residual Value
– Provides a Lease Affordability calculator to help you determine how much car you can afford to lease
– Includes a PDF version of the 15-chapter Lease Guide ebook
– Shows dealer profit margins for all vehicle makes and models, which helps you negotiate lease price on any vehicle
– If you need to get out of an existing lease, the Lease Kit contains a Lease Early Termination Guide
– Shows you how to conveniently get dealer lease quotes by fax or email without going to a dealer — quote request forms included
If you are even thinking about leasing a car, the Lease Kit will not only make the process easier but save you money as well. The Kit costs only $19.95 and if you don’t think it’ll save you at least that money on your lease, you can request a refund, no questions asked.